Like so many, we are outraged by the recent events surrounding the murder of George Floyd and a long, sad history of similar actions in our country against so many other Black men and women. We are committed to creating an inclusive space where we can learn, listen, educate, support, and take action. Below is a list of resources we have compiled; it is by no means comprehensive, and we will continue to add to it. Please feel free to add more resources in the comments!
Support Black-Owned Businesses
- Black Nation allows Black-owned businesses to list their companies for free to create visibility.
- eatOkra, a Black-owned restaurant directory.
- WeBuyBlack, the largest online marketplace for Black-owned businesses.
- Official Black Wall Street, one of the largest Black-owned business discovery apps, with over 5,000 Black-owned businesses in 10 different countries currently listed.
- 100 Black-owned Indie Beauty Businesses here.
- A list of Black-owned bookstores here.
- A list of petitions to sign here.
Text or Call
- A list of phone numbers here.
Learn & Educate
"In a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist, we must be anti-racist." - Angela Davis
Here are resources to help you learn and educate others.
- A list of books that celebrate the Afro-Latinx community here.
- 31 Children's books to support conversations on race, racism, and resistance here.
- What to do if a family member is racist, via @latinxtherapy.
- A detailed list of Anti-Racism Resources here.
If you are able to, below is a list of organizations where you can donate.
- The Bail Project, a nonprofit that aims to mitigate incarceration rates through bail reform.
- The National Bail Fund Network also has a directory of community bail funds to which you can donate, along with a COVID-19 rapid response fund. Another list of funds is available here.
- Black Futures Lab, works with Black people to transform communities, build Black political power and change the way that power operates—locally, statewide, and nationally.
- The NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which supports racial justice through advocacy, litigation, and education.
- The ACLU, which works in the courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to all people in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- Black Visions Collective, a black, trans, and queer-led social justice organization and legal fund based in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
- A Gas Mask Fund for black youth activists in Minneapolis is raising money to buy gas masks for demonstrators who’ve faced tear gas during protests.
- Communities United Against Police Brutality, which operates a crisis hotline where people can report abuse; offers legal, medical, and psychological resource referrals; and engages in political action against police brutality.
- Communities United for Police Reform is an initiative to end discriminatory policing in New York, helping to educate people on their rights and document police abuse.
- Showing Up for Racial Justice works to educate white people about anti-racism and organizes actions to support the fight for racial justice and undermine white supremacy.
- The Know Your Rights Camp, an organization founded by Colin Kaepernick that provides education and training in black and brown communities, set up a legal fund for Minneapolis protestors.
- Fair Fight, an organization founded by Stacey Abrams that aims to end voter suppression and equalize voting rights and access for fairer elections.
Help enact change by voting for people in power who can change the system. Every election and every vote counts.
- Register to vote at vote.gov.
- Learn more about elections and understand the issues through Voto Latino, which is uniting and empowering the Latinx Community.
Leave a comment
Patients with fatty liver often have no symptoms, and the abnormal tests are discovered when routine blood testing is done cialis online cheap Azithromycin in addition to standard of care versus standard of
gay discord chat
free 60 minute trial phone chat gay local
gay chat chat