Her diverse perspective and creativity has led her to work as non-profit consultant, public affairs project manager and for a Forbes Top 500 Company and currently as the Development Manager at the East Los Angeles Women’s Center. Recently her platform as a storyteller drove her to collect vibrant experiences about Angelenos resulting in a short documentary short film, FUERTE, screened at the East LA 5 Minute Film Fest and at Apertura Showcase at the Downtown Independent Theater. Some of her work has been featured on: KCET Departures, Guatemala Human Rights Commission and on Persistence of Sound Online Radio Show.
Heidy is devoted to bridging communities and culture through music as Co- Founder of Flowers Rhythm, showcasing local musicians and talent around Los Angeles
Being a Development Manager I am fortunate to be able to direct our messaging and share our stories to ensure donations; a large part of my job is raising crucial funds so that women, girls and their families live in a place of safety, health and personal well -being, free from violence and abuse with equal access to health services.
What change would you like to see take place in your lifetime?
Women supporting and empowering one another is so important. Who are 5 women who have supported you and are advocating for other women?
- Karla Souza @karlasouza – she came to to ELAWC to hear stories of our survivors.
- Soma Mia @soma_mia – sponsored an East LA family with her orphanage in India.
- Renee Garcia @gueynay – designer, mommy, always fundraising for great causes, and I met her after she and her mommy group donated 11 gift cards to our survivors.
- Allesandra @allyslalaland
- Hilda Franco @amordelbueno_creations