In 2013, Lauren founded Food from the Heart as a food blog that quickly transformed into a brand that offers different culinary services. After getting pregnant in 2015, Lauren found inspiration in her pregnancy and decided to share with the world her knowledge about nutrition. Pregnancy from the Heart is Lauren’s first book and it is a compilation of nutrition tips to enjoy a super fun, healthy and practical pregnancy for both pregnant women and future moms. Her book also includes many easy recipes, which are delicious and healthy and especially from the heart.
- 1 cup of peeled mango
- 1/2 inch ginger root
- Hint of raw honey, if desired
- Pour it in a popsicle mold and freeze!
- Cook the quinoa just like you make rice - 1 cup dried quinoa to 2 cups water (or broth for extra flavor).
- Toast 1/2 cup of whole almonds with 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan at medium heat until golden.
- In a bowl, mix the almonds with the quinoa, the juice of 2 limes, 1/4 cup goji berries, 1/4 cup parsley, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of feta cheese!
- Mix and enjoy.