What advice do you have for women who are trying to get healthier in this new year?
1. HIIT Workouts: This is training technique in which you give all-out, one hundred percent effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short, sometimes active, recovery periods. This type of training gets and keeps your heart rate up and burns more fat in less time.
2. Fasted Cardio: Our body is in a fasted state when you have not eaten for at least 8 hours. A good night’s sleep is a sufficient amount of time to get your body into a fasted state. When insulin levels are low because you haven’t eaten, your body has no choice but to burn fat. Therefore, jumping into a fasted cardio as soon as you wake up for about 30 minutes, then straight to breakfast after you’re done is key.
3. Yoga: Yoga is a great way to work on your flexibility and strength. Just about everyone can do it, too -- it's not just for people who can touch their toes or want to meditate.My favorite part of yoga is the mental state it puts me in.
4. Spinning: When you spin, your entire body will slowly but surely start to firm up. Spinning targets the large muscle groups (calves, hamstrings and thighs) in your legs to shape up fast, while strengthening the abdominal muscles necessary to maintain your upper body rhythm.
5. Weight Training: To achieve an optimal level of fitness with the lean body you desire, weight training is essential. If, like so many other mistaken women, you avoid lifting because you are terrified of becoming "bulky," then you're missing out on one of the best fat-burning methods around! It truly changes your body shape. You may think your genes determine the way you look, but that's not necessarily true. Weight training can slim you down, create new curves, and help avoid the lower tummy problems.
Be sure to check out Delfina's instagram page @soylatinafit.